Tuesday 10 August 2010

Rolo Cupcakes. Mmmmmmm

Well.  These babies went like hot hot cakes.  But, I'm not surprised because the middle of each one was a chocolately caramely gooey delight.  Just look at the UTTER JOY in Natty's face.

The massive milkshake craze that is sweeping the nation at the moment had got me thinking.  If i can literally chuck any chocolate bar into a milkshake then perhaps I can do the same with my cupcakes.  I don't imagine every type of chocolate bar will produce results as yummy as these but I'm more than happy to work my way through them and find out.

I used a nice light chocolate batter, popped a rolo in the middle of each cake and then covered it up before bunging them in the oven. And Bob was my uncle.


The taste of the middle bit reminded me a bit of the syrup sponge that we used to have at school which i absolutely loved.


I covered them all with some chocolate butter cream and topped each one with a chocolate heart.  I made these by melting up rolos and putting them into a heart shaped mould.  They looked really pretty as they had the streaks of caramel running through them creating a sort of marble effect.  When I ran out of rolos I went on to make some 'mystery chocolates' by melting up a load of Quality Street.

I've just bought some Crunchies and I'm going to try popping some of them in the middle next time, as well as crushing them up to make what I imagine will be an incredible icing!  Then I'll be trying some mars bar, followed by some lindt lindor........suggestions on a postcard please...




2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for these. They were GORGEOUS! Nice garden setting too ;-)

    ReplyDelete